DEATHROCK/POSTPUNK/GOTH/OLDSCHOOL/PUNK

.

Exclusive Interview With X13th MooNX

A continuacion una entrevista exclusiva con Naohiro (Nao12xu) integrante y vocalista de X13th MooNX para Dead Lovers

An Exclusive Interview with Nohiro (nao12xu) member and vocals from 13th MooN to Dead Lovers:



Naohiro:

Hola!!!!!

How have you been overthere??

First,I must say sorry for the long delay answering interview.
It took so much time for the translation!!
I must learn English more!!haha.

Anyway,thank you so much for make this oppotunity,I had really enjoyed your interview!!

Here's the answer as follows.
Please check them and let me know if you can't undestand my bad English!!hehe.

nAo

Dead Lovers : How does it came the fundation of 13th moon?

Naohiro : -mmm,I have been a punk over 13years and now I need to breakout something.Not only Punk,maybe I want more alternative style and alternative way,I need punk+new essence for myself.

Dead Lovers : Who formed this band?

Naohiro : -Me,nAo12xu and the drummer NC35 talked about forming a new band with Synth/keyboard, and then my friend aYumiXxx want to play Synth
,and at the same time she was making some music with the guitarist Sick-O-9 so we get together all.It's a tales of autumn,2006.Maybe 13th.9.2006 on the Lunar calender.
We have another bassist first,but after the first live,yoU-tAro joined us.

Dead Lovers : Which are your principal influenses in music?

Naohiro : -Punk,early Goth,Deathrock.Bands like The Damned, Siouxsie&The Banshees, Bauhaus, 45 Grave, Christian Death, TSOL, Nuns, UK Anarcho punk bands, Sex Gang Chlidren, Alien Sex Fiend, Ausgang, X-mal Deautchland. And also influenced from kinda new goth/deathrock bands like Cinema Strange, Tha Last Days of Jesus, Eat Your Make Up...etc.But we like a lot more bands!!hehe.

Dead Lovers : Do you have any influenses bisides music bands?
(history-culture-poetry-literature)

Naohiro : -For me,mainly influenced from old 70's-80's Horror/vampire movies like [Halloween],[Texas Chainsaw Massacre],[Return of The Living Dead],[Flightnight],[Lost Boys]and some from [Grimm's Fairy Tales]and[Alice in Wonderland] kinda things.and many many more!!

Dead Lovers : What it means for you 13th Moon?

Naohiro : -First,You must add crosses on both side,it goes like this" †13th MOON†",hehe.On the lunar calendar "13th MOON" means another (2nd/the next) beautiful moon next to "15th MOON".And "13th MOON" has magical power stronger than the any other moon.So I mean "13th MOON" is giving us strong magical power and wake us up another side of us,you know? I don't know if it's werewolf or vampire,but the moon Wakes up the dark side of us!!And the crosses means it's the fate that we must assume.

Dead Lovers : How do you define your music?

Naohiro : -mmm,I am or we are mainly influenced from Punk Rock,but we paint it black and purple,haha.So anything between Punk Rock,Dark Punk,Horror Punk,Goth,Deathrock will be OK.We are into goth and dark things but we have strong punk attitude anyway.

Dead Lovers : How is the Deathrock/goth scene in japan?

Naohiro : -There's no deathrock scene here in Japan yet.But we had "Positive Punk"(do you know this words?it means early 80's goth bands like Alien Sex Fiend,Specimen,Sex Gang Children...etc.Old NME made named this for early goth) scene in the 80's.
The most famous Japanese Positive Punk=Early Goth band is AUTO-MOD and they are still playing and they keep doing one of the famous Goth club event called Tokyo Dark Castle in Tokyo!!But The other bands play at Tokyo Dark Castle are not really Deathrock/Goth bands...They are mix of Japanese Visual-kei Rock and Marilyn Manson stuff.
I think Deathrock has strong Punk/New Wave roots so...maybe we are the first generation of Deathrock in Japan??haha.

Dead Lovers : How it has been the respond of the japanese crowd before your music?

Naohiro : -Just watching and totally freezing!!(and we feel good about it)
We are mainly playing in punk scene now so I think they don't know how to dance with our music.I like that kind of situations because we feel like aliens against the punks.That's kind of cool for me,you know I mean?
They don't know how to dance,but they got so much impact and can't move!!

Dead Lovers : What are you aspirations to archive as a Band?

Naohiro : - I want to show and prove to people through our band that Punk is not "only one way".I mean people in punk scene are always talking about"This is punk,That is not punk" things and that makes me boring so much.I used to think so when I was younger like a teenager, but now I think,,,with Punk Rock spirit,you can do anything you want.So we do anything we want.And the way we choose is Dark Punk/Deathrock.I want to show the people in Japan our style,world and attitude and give them some strong impact that they have never seen before.
And then we want to play outside of Japan,in front of a lot of kind people.I want to go out and live in the larger world.We are from small island country so we must see a lot of things out side.

Dead Lovers : Who composes the lyrics?

Naohiro : -Me,nAo.The lyrics are in English...maybe it's like Broken English(that's the Japanese/English problem) actually, so it's sometime hard to explain what I imagine inside.or maybe wrong??haha.I can write rough expression easily,but it's so hard to Delicate/close expression.But I am inspired by so many bands that sings in English so that's why I try to sing in English.Someday I will write japanese lyrics also.

Dead Lovers : Some of the members of the band has been or belong to another band bisides 13th moon?

Naohiro _: -Yes.Me,I am a bassist of a street punk band called TOM&BOOT BOYS,one of the famous street/chaos punk band from Japan.We have toured with the Casualties,the Unseen,the Lower Class Brats in Japan.And our guitarist=Sick-O-9 is also playing in a hardcore punk band called NOUMU(means "Dense fog"),bassist yoU-tAro is playing in a girl punk band called Oxygirl(they just started).

Dead Lovers : how was that yourself get into deathrock scene?

Naohiro : -mmm,in Japan,we don't have really yet.There are some small Goth scene but it's almost like EBM/DARK ELECTRO music scene.So talking about how I am into deathrock music,the way I get to know the deathrock is from foreign band's music.I like early Punk/Hardcore music,but the bands invite me for the deathrock are Christian Death,Sex Gang Children,Siouxsie,Bauhaus,and some obscure(in Japan) punk/early goth bands like Blood&Roses,Ausgang,Anorexic Dread,13th Chime,Paralisis Permanente...etc

Dead Lovers : If you had the chance to go on tour with 3 bands in existence or not...what would you choose and why?

Naohiro : -If we can tour with 3 bands!wow,I definitely answer for this...CINEMA STRANGE,EAT YOUR MAKE UP,The LAST DAYS OF JESUS!!
They are the 3 strongest bands which give me impress so much!!!

Dead Lovers : Some words to the Deathrockers around the world and specially for the Mexican Ones

Naohiro : -HOLA!!I like to get in touch with all who are into deathrock/goth punk music and we can make things together!I hope to meet and show you our live show in Mexico oneday,we must play with respectable Los GORGONAS!! So if we could meet,then give me some tacos with fresh guacamore!!haha.Stay eVil!!

x nAohiro12xu x

0 comentarios:

Leave a Reply

BANDA DEL MES| BAND OF THE MONTH

Videos

†13th MOON† TV Interview @ Drop Dead Festival Lisbon 2008
† 13th MOON † First Live! "Blood or Love"

Photos